Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sierra Summits Review

Home


Founder: Jennifer Rice MPAS PA-C is a national board certified praticing physician assistant with Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia. PA's in Dermatology diagnose, treat and prescribe medications for general and cosmetic uses. PA's perform skin cancer screenings, surgical and cosmetic procedures autonomously under the guidance of a supervising Dermatologist. Sierra Summits Skin Products was born in 2006 while Rice was practicing derm in Reno/Tahoe, Nevada. It was patient feedback and concerns about the "mainstream" sunscreen brands, which prompted Rice to bring a high quality, dermatology grade sunscreen to market at an affordable price point. The branding postition was to capture the lifestyle of the Sierras', an adventure playground for hikers, cyclists and travelers. Grass roots marketing, an excellent product and fresh ideas have allowed Sierra Summits to gain traction and brand awareness over the last 4 years. Rice is not only the founder but a daily user of Sierra Summits.


I was thrilled to learn more about Sierra Summits and when they said yes to allowing me to do a review, I was beyond excited. Now that I've told you a little about the founder, Let's get on to the wonderful products we got to try out.


Tahoe Kids Adventure Sunscreen
Tahoe Kids Adventure 
SPF 40, 7.5 Zinc Oxide, 7.5 Oxtinoxate, 4  Season High UVA/UVB broad spectum  protection lotion
Great for all ages 1 year and older
Oil free and Fragrance free
Great forall skin types, Hypoallergenic
Won't burn the eyes
Melanoma International Foundation seal of approv
al

I am so glad I found this, Sunscreen for the kids, It goes on smoothly, and doesn't have the greasy feeling alot of sunscreens have. I am confident that this summer, my kids will be safe, and I won't have to worry about them getting sunburned.

Lip Patrol SPF 35 Lipbalm


Lip Patrol SPF 35 Lip balm

I am a chap stick fan but tend to find a lot of chap sticks either tend to be super greasy,have a  weird smell, or a strange taste, but I really like that Sierra Summits Lip Patrol Lip balm isn't any of those things, it glides on easy, and lasts for a long time, but doesn't carry a smell it a greasy feeling.



Apres Ultra Lite


Apres Ultra Lite

Apres is 9% Zinc oxide, 7.5% octinoxate Broad spectrum high UVA and UVB protection for daily use on face. Great for sensitive skin types, oil and fragrance free and Paraben free.
Active ingredients:  9% zinc oxide, 7.5% octinoxate
Inactive ingredients:  purified water, cyclomethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copoymer, polyisobutene, PEG-7 trimethylolpropane coconut ether, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lactic acid, oleth-3 phosphate, phenoxyethanol, butylene glycol, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, triethoxycaprylyisilane.

I love that I have finally found a moisturizer to wear in the summer under my make up that won't cause me to break out from the oil in it, but still protects my face from the sun. I have very fair skin and burn to easy for my liking.I no longer have to worry about forgetting to put sunblock on my face.



Adventure Tube

Helps to prevent skin cancers and sun damage from UVA and UVB rays. Flip top tube, compact in size.
Active Ingredients: 7.5% Octinoxate, 7.5% Zinc oxide, 2.0% Octislate

I received packets of this, and can't wait to throw them in the beach bag this summer. I love that this adult sunblock is not at all greasy feeling. Since we haven't really had more then one day in a row where it was warm enough to be outside lately I can't tell yet if If protects really well from the sun, but I will keep you posted on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment