Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FakeBake Review

We have conquered the long sought after quest for a perfect tan without risking your health. More and more media attention has been given to the harmful and damaging effects from the sun and UV Rays.
In June of 1996, Good Morning America and Dateline both featured medical experts discussing how extremely harmful the UV Rays from the sun are becoming plus the same harmful effects are now being recognized from tanning beds.
 The future for self tanning products will continue to increase and we have created a product that contains BOTANICALLY EXTRACTED INGREDIENTS and NO PRESERVATIVES. We guarantee to provide the richest looking tan in the most luxurious way without the sun. It also moisturizes, hydrates and protects the body without clogging the pores or irritating sensitive skin. The use of our self tanning product will not turn skin orange or yellow and has no harsh odor due to the fact that it is not chemically based and we have created a product that will instantly tan the various skin types without streaking.




I was sent a product to review I was looking forward to using it, Because I'm a natural red head, and have the very white skin tone, I fry in the sun every year, no matter how much sun screen I put on, and, I hate the fact that I am so pale all the time, because I really just don't tan.


I have tried other self tanners before,and they do work but some are streaky and some are just to yellow or orange. The Fakebake product I received was this
NEW Flawless Mitt included + (1) Bronze on the Glow value of $12.95 FREE
Self-tan liquid and professional mitt, fast-drying & non-sticky formula. Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid combines ease of application with intense professional colour development. Flawless is applied with a professional mitt (INCLUDED) in effortless gliding strokes for a perfectly even tan. The dual function cosmetic bronzer assists in making the application even easier (shows-where-it-goes) providing an instant golden tan. The fast drying, fast absorbing formula is transfer resistant, so can be worn throughout the day. Formulated with Fake Bake's exclusive triple tan formula (DHA boosted by DMI & Erythulose) for an intense tan that lasts longer. Suitable for all skin tones and skin types. Pleasantly fragranced with a tropical scent. No artificial preservatives or Parabens 

The Flawless and the other day I though it would be a great time to try it out, summer is almost over, and that means school was soon to start, plus we are attending a wedding next month and I wanted to make sure it was a great fit, before I wore it to the wedding should it have bad effects... I am so glad I tried it early.


Using the mitt, I got a very easily application, although it was kinda of sticky not at all bad, but a tiny bit. I did not have any streaks, and did provide an even color, that dried semi quickly or so I thought, I let it sit done for, at least an hour, before I went to bed, and still woke up this morning, and discovered a line on my face from the pillow, as well as one on my arm, where the color seems to of rubbed off.


My other problem with Flawless is the liquid in the bottle really does offer a tropical smell I love...but sadly mixed with my body chemistry, makes my skin smell, not awful but not a smell I like, and no matter how hard I tried I could not make it go away. I showered, Sprayed perfume, even scrubbed my skin with an Exfoliator and nothing... still there, so I can honestly say this is not something I will ever  do again. Nor is it something I can recommend to all of you. 




Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley S said...

Yikes! Thanks for the review. I've been looking for a good self tanner, and sounds like I can cross this one off my list to try.

Post a Comment