Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eco Sprout Detergent Review.

Eco Sprout was started by a WAHD, that's right... a Work-at-home-dad who was looking for a cloth diaper detergent that was great for not just cloth diapers, but for the entire family's laundry. 
Frustrated by trying various detergents over and over, nothing ever seemed to kick the ammonia smell, both on the diapers and in the pail! All the usual remedies were tried, baking soda, vinegar, special products made just for the ammonia, pail scents...you  name it!  It just got to be overwhelming. There had to be a way to just use one product and simplify the washing process.  
Once that thought entered his head...the research began. It wasn't easy, he wanted something that was environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and 100% natural. But it had to work! It had to CLEAN the diapers too.  After months of trial and research he finally did it! Came up with the perfect balance that resulted in clean diapers, derived from natural ingredients, 100% bio-degradable, and kicked the ammonia smell!
Samples were sent out, family and friends began to use the product and the word got out. Soon thereafter, Eco Sprout was born!  
We are a small family run company with complete attention to quality control. Each batch of Eco Sprout is hand made and mixed, ensuring a pure batch.  We want families to know that small changes can make a big difference! Changing to an all natural detergent that is highly concentrated limits waste. Less is more and all of that... 


Since I started Cloth Diapering I have been filled with questions like what detergents don't have brighteners.  I know you also can't use certain ones because of additives they have, I also have to be careful because my son has super sensitive skin, and certain things make his Eczema Flair up big time. I am happy to say since we started using the Eco Sprout Detergent we have no rashes, my diapers are getting super clean, they rinse clean the first time, and I don't have to have a super long wash routine. 
I'm not sure what my favorite scent is yet... because I received the 
Sample Detergent Pack-
Sample Pack which comes with a sample 2 oz sample bag of each of the following scents.
I do however have my favorite narrowed down to One of 2. It's either Ocean Blue or Baby Powder. Even though Eco Sprout is scented going into the wash it leaves your diapers clean with no residue or scent left after the rinse cycle. I also believe the Eco Sprout detergent is reasonably priced at: 


  • 96 oz bag: 96 to 192 loads*      $24.98




  • 48 oz bag: 48 to 96 loads*        $13.98




  • 24 oz bag: 24 to 48 loads*         $7.98




  • 2 oz sample bag: 2 to 4 loads*     $1.75





  • Because I have a regular upright washer I only get the lesser amount of washes out of each bag, but if you don't wash everyday that could last quite a while.

    I also got to try a sample of Eco Sprout Bottom Balm, now I love the detergent alot but I was not as thrilled with the bottom balm I felt it was just to thick to get out of the sample container easily and whiel changing a diaper it's not always easy to keep a child still long enough to fiddle around with the rash cream for a few minutes. 

    Want to check out Eco Sprouts for your self?  Then head on over to http://www.ecosproutsoap.com/
    Photobucket

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment