Friday, September 23, 2011

Slanket Review

Slanket Logo - Home Page

One subzero night in 1998 during my first semester of college I could not escape Maine's winter bite. While watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien I decided I needed to tear a hole in my sleeping bag so I could keep my upper body warm as I channel surfed during the commercial breaks. During Christmas vacation I commissioned the first Slanket to be made by my mother...and it was born.

Everyone behind The Slanket is on the same level when it comes to life. Besides creating a product to make people comfortable and warm, our life goals are not to accumulate mansions, SUV's, expensive watches and closets just for shoes. What we want in life is to travel the world and experience all its cultures while representing humanity positively. Whether surfing in Costa Rica, snowboarding in Austria, or studying language in South America and China, we love to spread our sleeves and let them flap in the wind, giving back in the process. BUT... there is nothing like coming home, wrapping up in The Slanket on your own couch and feeling the warmth of your friends and family.


I can not tell you how many times, I would have my daughter complain she's cold while doing her homework or something, and I can only tell her she can kinda sit under a blanket, but when he work doesn't get done. I was very happy when we got the 

The Slanket for kids, in Ruby Wine
 
The color matches my living room great, as it is a very similar color. it's a little big for my younger to, but my oldest can use it now and fora while to come. I would  prefer it to  be softer though, it feels a little rough. 


I also learned a new love...
Koala 2in1 Pillow Throw - Turquoise
The Koala


It is beyond soft, and the fact it  can be folded up into a pillow, and thrown on the couch or bed is perfect.  plus it's long enough to well cover, me and my 2 year old.  it has become my favorite blanket, and a must to snuggle with on the couch while watching TV.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment