Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rock N' Learn Addition and Subtraction Review

Rock N Learn Logo


Rock 'N Learn began as an idea that would help children learn by putting educational material to music with a current sound -- the kind of music that kids enjoy and find motivating. Now with over 50 products, we have sold millions of audio/book and video programs to teachers and parents throughout the United States, Canada, and other countries.
Rock 'N Learn programs help students learn math, phonics, reading, early childhood, social studies, Spanish, test-taking strategies, writing, and science. Our DVDs incorporate music with exciting, colorful imagery.
Headquartered in Conroe, Texas, just north of Houston, Rock 'N Learn is owned and operated by its founders, Richard and Brad Caudle.
Working as a school psychologist in 1986, Richard saw the need for multi-sensory learning programs using the styles of music that kids love. He consulted his younger brother Brad, an accomplished musician, to record their first program to help kids learn multiplication facts. Strong sales of this recording in the school specialty and book markets led to other programs and the start of a successful company.
Richard and Brad never varied from their number one goal of providing children with programs that would make learning easier and fun. Brad's wife Melissa, a former second-grade teacher, writes material and coordinates educational research for Rock 'N Learn. Richard's wife, Kathie, manages our sales and marketing team.
Rock 'N Learn programs have received numerous awards such as Dr. Toy, Parents' Choice, iParenting, National Parenting Publications, Learning Magazine Teachers' Choice, Early Childhood News, National Parenting Center, and Parent's Guide to Children's Media. Our programs lead in the areas of quality and customer satisfaction based on surveys of school supply stores.
As documented in case studies by numerous school districts, Rock 'N Learn programs work. The overwhelmingly positive response from parents, teachers, and kids generates tremendous word-of-mouth support. By consulting with educators and featuring talented vocalists and performers, Rock 'N Learn will continue to develop quality audio and video programs that hold interest and help kids learn.
Addition & Subtraction Rock
My oldest daughter really struggled with Math last year, when she was doing adding and subtracting, and I was desperate to find a way to help her, that would hold her attention long enough to make her understand how to do it. She loves Tv like most kids, and I know my younger two have really learned from watching the repeats  of Dora. 


I know I can be confident in my choice to allow my children to watch any one of the Rock N' Learn DVD's. Do I think that she benefited from the DVD? well I do find the kids singing the songs, when they think I'm not paying attention.   Her math isn't such a struggle going into this school year either so I would have to say Yes, It really did! I can't wait to see what else could help my kids, while still allowing them to watch a little TV.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings from Jamaica Megan. I am a new Follower of your Blog from the Blog Hop. All the very best to you.
Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

The Salty Mermaid said...

I'm working on verbal skills with my twin boys. It never ends!

Post a Comment