Sunday, February 13, 2011

So the remodel... That was Planned for this year....

Will be next year instead, Sadly I have to replace the most expensive appliance in my house this year instead, the furnace. I learned a few days after the remodel post that we were no longer going to be able to give me the kitchen, I have longed for since we moved in. However it does give me dreams of what It could be for the next year.
My search for a furnace was long, and tiring, but after 7 quotes, and 2 never called, or didn't show appointments, I have made my choice, and will have a fully running, furnace. I also took on the search to have my air dutks cleaned, Since I live in a 70 year old house, and it seems to be overly dusty, the fact Lillian and Zachery are both allergic to dust, and the fact I am so sick of dusting 3 times a week, or looking at the dust, I called 4 places. Stanley steamer, took the time to give we a run through of how they work, price and set up an appointment for an estimate. Modernistic, the lady that took my call wasn't very pleasant, and They seem to do the minimum to clean the ducts, they will not clean the side of the furnace at all. Sears, wants more then I care to pay for what they offer, and then Krystal Kleen, when I called I had to leave a message but the man that called me back was friendly, and took the time to walk me through what exactly they will be doing, how the machines work, and what discounts he could give me.

All in all I will be thankful when this is all over, and the work it complete.

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi there! I'm following you back from Say Hi Sunday! Thanks for visiting my blog... I appreciate it!

Sorry to hear about the set back in the remodel... and the furnace. But at least it will give you a way to clean less frequently during the week! Good luck with it all, I know it can be stressful!

Anonymous said...

Aww your kids are beautiful! Thank you so much for following and sharing love on my blog.

Happy Valentine's day!

I hope you have a great day as well. I have to be in 4 places, all before 1pm =S
Better get some rest!
I promise to come back and read more this week :)
I liked your page and followed through Networked blogs and GFC

Rebecca said...

adorable kiddos. We had our ducts cleaned by stanley steamer a while ago, they made an appointment and checked back like a week or 2 after the appointment and redid some of them.. they said it was normal because the first cleaning knocked stuff around. Good luck with everything. I am following back http://onemoreflewoverthecuckoo.blogspot.com/

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Following you from To-the-TOP Tuesday Blog Hop!

Unknown said...

I am following you via GFC, networked blogs and FB. I hate to hear that about the remodel. Sounds like our luck. Like I say if we didn't have "bad" luck we wouldn't have any, lol. We were supposed to start building our house this year but it will be at least another year before we get started. Best wishes!

Design It Chic said...

So sorry to hear about the furnace. Hope you'll find the best match to take care of that. And hopefully next year it will finally be new kitchen on the list:) I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous. See you there! Happy Tuesday!

maddie said...

Yike, good luck!

New follower from the blog hop.
http://mommyx3monsters.blogspot.com/

ps - Your little ones are adorable. =)

Mika said...

Love, love, love the pics of the kids! So cute!!
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Mika

Heather Jones said...

I have when things like that happen that mess up your big plans! All too familiar with that this year!
I'm following from To The Top Tuesday Hop! I'd love for you to follow back!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

Marci said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I am returning the favor.

Miss Imperfect said...

HI!

I'm a new follower from the hop! Great Blog!!

Denay
http://workahome.blogspot.com/

BK said...

Stopping in to wish you a Happy Tuesday from the hop. I'm following.

BK

bkwalkerscafe.com

Him, Me, Wee 3 said...

somedays it really does stink being a responsible homeowner!

Im now following you from the Mingle Monday Hop... so its Tuesday... Im a little behind. :)

www.himmeweethree.blogspot.com

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

following you from the blog hop--oh can I relate--I wrote about my own little money pit the other day--good luck:)

Amy said...

Oh that is a bummer. I have a sneaking suspicion we will be replacing our furnace this year as well. Our house is a modular but apparently the very nice people (crooks) who built our home put a trailer furnace in here and it is on it's last leg after only five years. Le sigh... So not what I want to spend my money on. I bet you feel the same way. More time to plan that gorgeous kitchen though right?

Post a Comment